Thursday, August 2, 2012

10 things I've learnt from my 3 year old child





10 (personal) things I've learnt from my child :

1. Smile genuinely, never put on a fake smile.

2. Sing and dance whenever you want and feel like it. Life's too short to be anything but happy! 

3. Always be curious and have an inquisitive mind. There can never be enough 'why' questions in life. And that brings us to the 4th point.....

4. Ask questions when in doubt. Never stop asking until you get the answer, which you completely and fully understand. 

5. Do something which you love. Do not do something for the sake of doing it, or just to please others. Do something which you truly enjoy. 

6. It's ok to make mistakes. Never feel embarrassed or think how others will view you. Just laugh off your mistake, learn from it and continue with your life (or what you were doing).

7. It's ok to say 'no', or 'no thanks', to others. If someone offers you something or tells you to do something which you do not want to, do not be afraid to say 'no'. In other words, do not succumb to peer/adult pressure.

8. Never be too serious in life. Laugh as much as you want, even if you don't really understand why you're laughing or what you're exactly laughing about :D

9. The best learning doesn't come from books. Education comes from everywhere- nature, animals, conversations with adults or even toddlers! And the list goes on.......

Lastly.......... *drumroll please!* 


10. Live in the present. Do not dwell on the past and do not think too much about the future. Enjoy the present moment, which you'll never get back.


These are the 10 things I've learnt from my 3 year old child. Of course, there are more than 10 things which I've learnt from him (such as it's ok to wet your pants in public! Cos As long as you're young and cute.....you can get away with a lot of things. Haha.).



Till then, :)

3 comments:

  1. you are absolutely adorable, girl! love these pictures. and i definitely need to learn how to say "no" more often. perfect!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup saying 'no' is something that I've to learnt to say more often too. Being his mum teaches me a lot about life, and he makes me a better person :)

      Delete
  2. I hadn't read this post before Marie. So lovely! I'd print it huge and hang in a bedroom wall. Reminded me my posts on 10 things my parents taught me. We have same genius minds :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...