Presenting to you...
8 Ways to Spice Up Your Weekend!
1. Do something you're scared to do. It can be anything- from touching an animal's fur or tail, joining a boxing class, to dancing wildly or singing your lungs out in front of your family and/or friends. Anything! By challenging yourself to do something which seems impossible to you, you'll ultimately feel a sense of accomplishment. A huge accomplishment. The benefit isn't in success, it's in stepping out of your comfort zone, even if you crash and burn. It will make you feel like a badass, even if you're terrible in it.
2. Get a new haircut or new hair colour. You'll never know, it could be your best haircut or hair colour. ;)
3. Switch off your mobile or laptop. Ok, or maybe you can refrain from using it for a couple of hours. Spend some quality time with your family and friends. Strike a proper conversation with them, without looking at your handphone. And stop taking photos of what you're doing or where you are, it can get exhausting and detracts you from the moment. Enjoy your weekend, without the camera lens.
4. Get a facelift! For your house, that is. Clean up your home and add in some special decorations. It need not be expensive; it can be something handmade and special, like your favourite photo or a drawing done by a family member.
5. Cook a meal- and not just an ordinary simple meal. We're talking about an exquisite and out-of-this-world meal. Never tasted frog's legs before? Buy it from a supermarket, cook it in your favourite sauce and eat it! Go on, be adventurous and whip up a storm in your kitchen! If all else fails, you can just throw it away (or force your family to eat it ;))
6. Call your long-lost friend. Ask him/her how is he/she doing. Or, you can text him/her. But, do not call your ex; you just don't call some people in your life. You don't wanna create unnecessary drama. (Ok that's my opinion, I do know of some people who are still close to their ex-es, although they have found a new bf/gf. Honestly, I don't know how they do it..)
7. Tell your family that you love them. Say the words "I love you Mum", "I love you Sis". Do not be shy. There are so many people who only say "I Love You" to their spouse/bf/gf, and not to their own immediate family members. It shouldn't be that way. There can never be enough "I Love You"s. Or if you're up for it, give your family members a hug. When was the last time you've hugged your own father or mother, and said "I Love You" to them?
8. Stop caring how others think of you. Do what you want to do, or wanted to do all along. I know, it's easier said than done. Let's be real- everyone cares how others think of them. And that's human nature, there's nothing wrong with that. But for once, just on a Saturday or Sunday, stop caring how others think of you. If you've always wanted to wear that bell-bottom 60's jeans which no one wears anymore, wear it! Or, on a serious note, if you have been thinking of changing jobs because your current job doesn't inspire or motivate you anymore, and you're just going through the motions at work, this weekend may be the time for you to start planning for a change of job.
So Step up, and start doing one of these things ( or something wildly different ) this weekend!
Till then, :)