Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Goodnight My Little Angel. I Love You, Forever and Always.

My son, Shayne, is growing so fast. A little too fast actually. Sometimes, I wish that he'll stay little and young forever. Every night, as I tuck him into bed and watch him fall asleep, I tell myself that it's one day closer to him growing up and becoming an adult. So, I kiss his baby soft cheeks and try to smell his scent. Sadly, he doesn't have his baby scent anymore. It's like a boyish-scent now. Nonetheless, I still desperately try to remember his scent, his soft cheek, his small hands and feet, and every single part of him into my memory.

Motherhood is amazing, but strange sometimes. I love watching my little boy grow up, but at the same time, I secretly don't want him to grow up. No matter how many photos or entries I document, I know I can never experience these precious moments again. His innocent, care-free, fearless and very child-like moments. He's still a baby boy in my eyes, although he's now slightly bigger and taller. I know I'm not the only parent who still view their children as their precious little babies, right?

Right now as I'm writing this, Shayne is fast asleep and sleeping soundly. He looks like a peaceful little angel now, a beautiful little angel. I hope that someday, when he holds his own baby in his arms, he will have a small understanding of the love I feel for him. That way, this moment will never have to end. This circle of love will transcend through time, and even lasts forever.

Mummy loves you Shayne. You are, and forever will be, my little Angel.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, it kind of sucks that they grow up so quickly. If only they could stay babies for a few years and then grow up, that'd be perfect! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful words, and even though I do not have a child of my own yet, I can only imagine.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll still enjoy being around them when they're older. I'm just grateful that we live in a time where we can record images, audio, video, etc. for us to look on later and remember. Most people in the history of the world haven't had that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! Luckily we have all sorts of gadgets to document those precious moments :)

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...