Friday, October 5, 2012

What I'm Thankful For Today


What I'm Thankful For Today

We were walking around a shopping mall after lunch when our (observant) son, Shayne, saw his friend walking past him. He immediately ran to his friend and to our surprise, he hugged him sooooo tightly. His friend also hugged him back, without any hesitation. It's like they have not seen each other for ten years and were finally reunited. It was truly the most sincere and heart-warming hugs I've ever come across in my life. I've seen children hugging their friends before, but it's totally different when you see your own 4 year old child hugging his friend. And it was not just a normal one second hug, their hug lasted for at least five seconds and their arms were wrapped so tightly around one another. My partner and I were kinda speechless and in awe when we saw the both of them hugging and smiling at each other. It was quite a magical and surreal moment for us.

After Shayne hugged his friend and bidded goodbye to him, we could see that he was truly happy to see his friend, even though he had just seen him an hour ago at school. He had a twinkle in his eyes, and there was a big happy smile plastered on his face.

Until now, I'm still amazed by our little boy who has so much love to share with. It's really endearing and touching. I'm truly thankful for having such a child who's not shy to share and show his love to his friend. There can never be enough hugs in this world; everyone deserves a hug. It's the easiest way to show someone that you care for him or her, without having to say anything.


Found these precious photos on the internet :)


Till then, :)

6 comments:

  1. Aw, what cute little pictures! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Hugs are the best. With my at home day care I get lots of these, and that is what helps me through my day:) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought a little tear to my eye! So sweet. x

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when little kids hug - SO tender! We've tried teaching my little one to hug and she's just NOT into it. She'll do "kisses" (aka, head-butts) instead. "MMM-WA!" haha. Thanks for the sweet post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...