Saturday, December 22, 2012

A mother's wish for her son...

Just read this beautiful poem, written by a mum to her child, and I had to share it with everyone:

Open Arms

© Wendy L. Nichols
The day you were born,
you touched my soul.
You were the missing link,
that made my life whole.

Those beautiful blue eyes,
stare at me in awe.
Gazing at the woman
Who just became your mom.

As days turned to months,
and months turned to years.
I watched you grow,
Facing life's challenges and fighting your fears.

Now that your grown,
you take that next step.
Those years gone by,
in my heart they're kept.

If you get lost along your way,
not sure what to do or what to say.
Know that I'm present in spirit and soul
with open arms and a hand for you always to hold.







There will come a day when you'll walk away to lead your own life, and I hope that I will be prepared to let you to do so. I hope that you'll have the confidence and strength to pursue your life, dreams and happiness. The day when you walk away to lead your own life and family, is the day that I know that I have the done the best I could to make you the young man that you are. And I will thank you for the happiness and joy that you've brought into my life, and into your papa's life.

But if you ever get lost, or need help, just know that I'm always here for you. Even if you turn 20, 30 or even 50, you'll forever be my baby boy and I will forever be your mother who's always there to catch you when you fall.

"If you get lost along your way,
not sure what to do or what to say.
Know that I'm present in spirit and soul
with open arms and a hand for you always to hold."

3 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...