Saturday, December 15, 2012

Singapore's First Ever Red Bull Flugtag Event! (lots of photos and a special video)

Red Bull's Flugtag Event!

"On the 28th of Oct. Siloso Beach, Sentosa saw some of the island’s wackiest human-powered flying crafts take off a 6 meter ramp into the lagoon. A total of 38 teams attempted, amidst cheers from a 35,000 strong crowd, to break the Red Bull Flugtag world record distance of 69.79m."

Welcome to Sentosa!
Spot the creepy man behind Shayne. Haha. #photobomb
The duck which later fell into the sea. Bye bye Duckie.
Handsome Papa and Shy Shayne.


Kite + balloons

Bye bye House.
Bye bye Dumplings.
Into the sea it goes. Swish!
Bye bye Fishie.

Hello ;)
Bye Bye Duckie!
Yeeeaaaa. Our favourite flugtag flying craft! Bye Bye ERP!!!!

After the event, it was still kinda early, it was only 2pm. Shayne saw a mini playground nearby and played inside it for nearly an hour.
Thirsty Shayne. It was really hot and sunny that afternoon.
Another boy decided to play at the mini playground too.
Flying Fox.


"Huh?? You don't have money?? You need to pay for your food!" (or something like that. Haha. He was pretending to be the cashier, and I was his customer.)
We left the playground and decided to ride on the Luge! Yaayyy!!!
The Luge Ride ;D
We had to sit on the "ski-lift" (aka Skyride) before we could take the Luge. I was so nervous during the entire journey, but Papa and Shayne were totally relaxed. -_-
On top of the world!
Our little worried Shayne. He kept asking us why he had to wear a helmet, where we were going and what we were going to do.
Shayne feeling a little hesistant... (btw My 'Love' top cost only $5! It's a pretty good deal, right?? Haha)
"C'mon Shayne, hold my hand. You'll be fine, trust me." Papa said.
Holding his Papa's hands.
And down they go!! They were 'driving' so fast and I was wayyy behind them. Haha.
Happy Papa and Shayne :))
The unique mode of transport in Sentosa.

Sleepy Shayne.... who later fell asleep and slept during the entire journey back home.


Welcome to Singapore! ;)
The cable car ride.
Our sleeping angel....


And, we have a short clip of the Flugtag event! Yayyy!! 

Btw here's the lyrics of the song "Techicolor eyes" which is played during the skyride part of the video. It's a really lovely, simple, carefree song.

"I tried poetry, but it's just no good
The pages get lost, besides I'd much rather sing to you
I love living life with you by my side
You're a smart kid with a beautiful smile
And oh god those technicolor eyes

I like saturdays and the rocket summer
Night skies and that lovely stare
I like you, you like me
So lets lock all the doors
There's nothing outside we need to see
'Cause we've got love
Yeah we've got a tv we can watch "Friends" all we want
And we can laugh at how I laugh like Ross when I get nervous
And we don't have to worry about tomorrow
Because we know it's gonna come
Whether we want it to or not
I like simple songs with pretty words
I tried poetry, but it's just no good
The pages get lost, besides I'd much rather sing to you
I love living life with you by my side
You're a smart kid with a beautiful smile
And oh god those technicolor eyes"

-Techicolor Eyes by Backseat Goodbye

Hope you enjoyed the video and the song! Have a happy weekend and till then, :)

2 comments:

  1. wow it looks like you had lots fun! :) my face is smiling :)!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a fabulous day! So jealous of your weather there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...