Saturday, February 9, 2013

Love letters, pineapple tarts, red packets and lion dance.

It's Chinese New Year!!! Which in my books, is one of the best holiday seasons of the year! According to Shayne, Chinese New Year is all about "love letters, pineapple tarts, red packets and lion dance." Haha. As usual, we will be visiting many of our relatives and the house which I'm most looking forward to is my 4th aunt's house. She has just renovated her house and it's a major renovation. I can't wait to see the outcome of it! 

We've also bought our new year's outfits and I can't wait to dress Shayne up in his traditional Chinese costume. ;) 

Btw here are some photos of Shayne in his traditional Chinese costume last year- click here.

And, I found this photo of Shayne and Papa as I was browsing through the 'pictures' folder in the laptop. Both of them look as though they're getting ready for Chinese New Year, right? Haha. This was actually taken before a wedding lunch.
 Papa and Shayne, both looking so handsome and charming. I'm such a lucky girl to be with them all the time. ;)
Drawing and Colouring done by Shayne. As you can see, 2013 is the Year of the Snake!

Last but not least, we wish all of you a Happy Chinese New Year! May this year bring you the best of health, happiness and prosperity.

Wooohooo! :D

1 comment:

  1. Very fun! My in-laws were just in San Francisco's Chinatown and they brought me home some chopsticks for Chinese new year :) enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...