Thursday, May 9, 2013

5 Touching Moments that I'll Never Forget. Ever.


i love you to the moon and back

Ok I just have to write down these 5 touching moments I had with Shayne last week before I forget all about them. I promise it won't be too lengthy, just short snippets of what he did which made my day. :)

Special Moment 1:
Shayne and I were walking side-by-side at a shopping mall and out of the blue, he said excitedly, "You look so beautiful, Mama! I like your top. It's red and blue, so I like it! You look so beautiful!" I was surprised when he said that and my heart instantly melted. I immediately thanked him for his sweet words and told him that I loved him very much. This sweet and cheerful boy of mine.

Special Moment 2:
I was patting Shayne to sleep and while he was dozing off, he suddenly wrapped his little fingers around my hand and held it firmly. After a minute, I noticed that he had fallen asleep, so I tried to release my hand from his fingers, but to my surprise, he held it even more firmly. He was asleep at this point of time, but his hands were still "awake". So, we continued holding hands for a few more minutes, and I managed to release my hand after he had fallen into a deep slumber.

Special Moment 3:
(this experience happens almost everyday but it still makes me so happy whenever it happens...) Shayne would be playing with his legos and every now and then, he'd suddenly say "Mama, I love you. I love you so much you know." And I always reply him by saying "I love you too", followed by a million hugs and kisses. Haha. :)


Special Moment 4:
Nowdays, Shayne will sing and dance to his favourite "S Club 7-Bring it all back" song. I love how he wriggles his bum bum and looks so happy while he's dancing. And, he'll try to sing the song, but his lyrics are all kinda wrong. Haha. It's still a touching moment to me because that song used to be my favourite song, and it's surreal to see my own boy loving that same upbeat happy song too. :)



Special Moment 5:
This is the most surprising act he has done lately and it happened on a Sunday night: He was taking a long time in the shower, so I took a peek and realised that he was actually wiping the floor with a towel after he had bathed! I told him to stop doing that immediately and to come out of the bathroom, but he said quite firmly, "No Mama. You see, I'm wiping the floor. It's clean now, right? I want to wipe the floor." He continued wiping the floor with the towel for a good 15 minutes, before he willingly came out of the bathroom. He wiped it thoroughly, until he was satisfied that it was really c-l-e-a-n, according to his standards. (don't worry, in case you're wondering, I washed his hands after he cleaned the bathroom floor. He was squeaky clean. :)) Come to think of it, I have no idea why he wanted to clean the floor, but it was a rather pleasant (and somewhat shocking) act of kindness. Can you imagine, a little boy on his knees, cleaning the bathroom floor with his small hands and big towel? Haha, it was quite a sight.

And that's my top 5 touching moments of the week, the sweetest moments that I never want to forget. Thank you Shayne, for bringing so much joy and happiness into your Papa and Mama's lives. You're such a good boy, and we love you so very much.

cool kid

spiderman outfit

slide

you are the only exception

4 comments:

  1. Aw, it sounds like you might have a little clean freak on your hands! How adorable!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shayne sounds like such a sweet little boy. Thank you so much for sharing these moments, Marie! They made me tear up a little bit, not gonna lie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shayne is too cute :)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a sweet little boy you have. I loved this post! It made my heart melt.

    Also, I totally remember listening to S Club when I was younger! :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...