Monday, May 20, 2013

THE SECRET TO STUDYING WELL!

Over the past 15+ years of being a student, I've come to realise that the most effective method to studying well is actually taking study breaks. Study breaks were crucial for me, as it was a way for my mind to relax and actually take a breather, before I "pumped" myself with more information again.

Now, whenever I'm teaching or guiding Shayne in his homework, I'll make sure that he takes a 5 minute study break every 30-45 minutes of studying. During his study breaks, I'll let him do whatever he wants, just as long as he's not too distracted by it for too long. By taking study breaks, it actually helps him to remember and recall what he has learnt previously better, and it makes studying less tiring for him. After all, let's be honest here, he's still a young child and is unable to sit still for a full hour, without his mind (and body) drifting away from his study area. Hence, study breaks are great for him (and many other young kids).

So.. we were doing his piano homework and soon, it was time for his break! He requested for his favourite S Club 7 song and started laughing and dancing to it. And after a minute, he dramatically collapsed on the floor and pretended to be dead. (there's something about kids, especially boys, they're always so active and erm, kinda crazy and unexpected. haha.)

Here are a few photos of him while he was taking a break :




He quickly collapsed from the sofa to the floor...
and pretended to be dead. -_-
A card made by Shayne <3 <3

/ps: I promise to update our mother's day photos soon! Been procrastinating for too long... and I'll upload some photos of Papa's and Shayne's chocolate muffin baking session soon. The muffins tasted sooooo good that I ate 5 of them in a row! Eeeks! They were too good to pass. *yum!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...