Thursday, August 22, 2013

A glimpse of our night: A late night love letter to my boy.

A Glimpse Of Our Night

I couldn't sleep one night, and decided to snap some photos of my loves who were sleeping soundly that night. I had this sudden urge to want to capture our night together, just the 3 of us in our small quaint room. Unfortunately, I wanted to snap many more photos but couldn't as the camera's battery died after a mere 10 mins. Oh well... :( Anyways here are the photos of my sleeping angels, taken at 2am on a quiet and tranquil night:

sleeping

sleeping boy

canon 50mm

canon 50mm

canon 50mm

books for 5 year old

sleeping son

sleeping

hands

sleeping boy


"The nights are more alive and richly-coloured than the days."

I wrote this love letter to Shayne on the very same night after I had snapped the above photos. I enjoy writing such letters to my loves, something which gives me joy and perspective in life.  Anyway, here's the short letter which I wrote that night-

Goodnight Shayne, Papa and Mama love you very much. You may not know this, but every night when you are fast asleep, I look at you in awe and think silently to myself how lucky we are to have you. Sometimes we even touch your baby soft cheeks, run our fingers gently through your hair, and kiss you tenderly on your cheeks or forehead. All while you are sleeping soundly and letting out that soft faint snores of yours. 

We're truly blessed to have you as our child, and we still can't believe that you are in our lives. 
You're the perfect miracle that one can ever dream of, you truly are. You're our darling angel sent from above. When I first learnt that I was going to be a mother of a baby boy, I immediately thought of the many things I would teach you: love, respect, honour, patience, integrity, and so much more. The list was endless, and still is. But what I have discovered as a parent is that you're the one who will end up teaching your Papa and me the really important things in life which we have overlooked all these years: like taking time out to jump in small puddles, smiling at a sad-looking elderly who probably has gone through so much of hardships in his life, admiring the beauty of nature such as the flowers and trees, etc.


You have made me appreciate life and even change the way I live my life. I can go on and one about how much you have changed our lives for the better, and truthfully, I don't really know how to end this. All I want you to know is this- your Papa and I love you so much, more than you'll ever know. <3

3 comments:

  1. Oh he is just lovely! And so is your letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet piece of writing, and a lovely family. It looks like you are one blessed lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so cute when they sleep

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...