Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Letter To My 5 Year Old Son


thoughts on motherhood

A letter to Shayne.

The photo above is your little hands, and it was taken last night. I still remember those days and night when you were just a tiny newborn. You would cling onto my fingers so tightly, and would refuse to let me go even when I needed to use the washroom urgently. I'll never thought I'll say this back then, but I do miss those moments. The moments when you were so clingy and dependent on me. I was your everything; I was your world. But now, in a blink of an eye, you're 5 years old and you would rather run ahead of me, or ride on your own bike when we're together. You no longer need and want to hold my hand as much as before. You anxiously want to explore your surroundings whenever we're out, and would get animatedly excited whenever you see something that catches your attention. You're adventurous, fearless, curious and so-very-boyish now. 

I'm looking forward to the many good years that we have ahead of us, and I can't wait to see the man that you will be when you're all grown up. Despite everything and all the years that is to come, you'll forever be my baby boy- the one who stole my heart on the very first day (or rather night) when you were born into our world. You're my precious son, and you're the most beautiful thing that has ever happened in my life. Mummy loves you so much, Shayne.

motherhood
A photo taken by Papa, during our reservoir hike.

7 comments:

  1. so sweet :) ill def cherish every baby moment with kayleigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! :) time will pass so quickly, and soon she'll be a big girl...

      Delete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog. You have such a beautiful family! And what a sweet letter. My daughter is still 21 months but time is already flying by. Gotta cherish every moment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...