Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A LOVE LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD.

3d baby ultrascan

Dear Precious Baby boy,

In a blink of an eye, 38 weeks has past by and soon, you'll be in our arms. Your papa, elder brother and I can't wait to meet you and we can't wait to show you the world. In the beginning, you may be scared of the outside world; it's a complete opposite of what you have been experiencing these past 9 months in my womb. In this outside world, your 5 senses will suddenly take over you, and when you feel overwhelm by everything that's happening, I will comfort you and tell myself that you're just a little one confused by this big big world of ours.

I hope that you'll always know how much you're wanted and loved by your papa and me. We have waited for a long time for your arrival (your elder brother and you are 6 years apart, so you can imagine how long we have waited and longed for the day that you'll be here with us). There were times when your papa and I truly thought that your elder brother would be our only child, and that it was our destiny to have only him in our lives. It was a scary thought at first, but subsequently, we learned to accept fate as it is and stopped holding onto the belief that one day, we'll be blessed with another child. We learnt to count our blessings and to be grateful for what we have in our lives.

However, some time during the end of last year, I found out that you were inside of me and at first, I was stunned and speechless. After waiting for so long, the day has come. The day when I realised that I was pregnant; that I was carrying a tiny little human inside of me and it was exactly what your papa and I had wanted for such a long long time. But still, it was all too surreal for me.

I broke the unexpected news to your papa on his birthday, and he too, was stunned. He kept looking at me and said with his eyes wide open in surprise, "Really?" And I replied rather meekly, "Yes." Your papa was overjoyed and although he didn't shout in happiness or jumped around in silliness, you could see in his eyes that he was so so happy that you are finally here with us. He kept quiet and then hugged me real tight. He was over the moon and you, little one, was and still is the perfect birthday gift to him. :)

Fast forward to 9 months later, and here you are in my womb, getting so big and strong. I can feel every single one of your movements and sometimes, even your heartbeat when all is still and quiet at night. I can't wait to see your face, kiss your cheeks, hold you close to me and fall asleep with you every night. Your elder brother plans on teaching you how to read, play with his toys, and he wants to fall asleep beside you every night too! Your elder brother may be cheeky and silly at times, but he really has a big heart full of gold and kindness. I hope that both of you will forever be close to each other, and love each other with all your heart and soul.

I hope that I can be a good mama to the both of you, and not lose my temper when things get chaotic at times. It will not be an easy task- running our business and looking after two boys at the same time. Your papa and I have big dreams and ambitions, and we will continue to strive hard. We also hope that you and your elder brother will also have the drive and determination to follow your dreams in the future, and remember, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something. Don't ever give up on your dreams; you are much bigger and better that what you imagine yourself to be.

I will continue to be your biggest supporter and guide as you live your life. I know that you won't be my baby boy forever, but until that day, I promise to keep you safe from harm, fill your heart with joy and instill in you values that you need to become a positive, determined, thoughtful and loving man. You are anxiously waited for by your papa, elder brother and me. You are very much loved, and we can't wait hold you in our arms.

Love,
Your Mummy :)

you are loved

you are lovedyou are loved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...