Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A LETTER TO MY BODY- THE SHAPE OF A MOTHER.

 Dear body of mine,
  
I've watched you grow from this... (2011)
bali


To this today (July 2014).


This is my body now, July 2014, and I am proud of it.

The contours of my stomach are gently expanding as it gets bigger and rounder day by day, hour by hour.

There was a time when my body was lean and flat, even after the pregnancy and birth of my first child. However this is now my second pregnancy, and my baby bump is definitely many times bigger than my first.

I've come to accept that my body may not be lean and flat anymore after the birth of two children, but to me, it is still perfect in every single way. And I am proud of it. Although my stomach may be covered with imperfections such as extra loose skin after this second birth, it is still beautiful to me. With my body, it has brought new life into this world. It has nurtured two children and kept them safe, healthy and warm for many months. My body has nourished and comforted two precious little ones, and if that is not amazing, I do not know what is. My stomach tells a story; a story of love.

My body may not be flawless, and I'm at peace with that. My body, a body of a mother, is unique and wonderful in every single way. Beauty does not come from the outside, and if it does, it is cheap and vain. In this modern society, we are constantly faced with expectations of sexuality and modesty- being a mother and being a woman. We should not be ashamed, or even shamed, for having a body of a mother. The body of a mother is beautiful for what is represents. It represents badges of strength, love, wisdom, nurturing and the fullness of new life.

So whatever my body may become after the birth of my second child, I will constantly remind myself that my body, the body of a mother who has nurtured and birthed two beautiful children, is beautiful and perfect. I am a woman. I am a mother. And I am beautiful, size 0 or not.

baby bump



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful loving post !

    rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how proud of your body you are! You go momma ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! :)

    Sonya
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3582815 - blog about a Russian girl living in Oregon, USA, with a passion for photography, traveling and exploring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...