Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Birthday Letter to My 6 Year Old Son.




Dearest Shayne,

Last night, you looked at me sleepily and said softly, "It was a great day today. Thank you, Mama." You immediately dozed off to sleep after saying those words to me and I'm glad you did, otherwise you might have seen the tears which were welling up in my eyes, and asked me why.

You may be reading this when you're much older, and I want you to know that you're extremely loved by your Papa and me. I'm so thankful for having you in my life, as you have given me so much happiness and joy that I could ever ask for. I love your silly jokes and smooth dance moves whenever you hear your favourite song on the radio. (which I'm pretty sure are traits which you have gotten from your Papa. Haha)

Most importantly, you have taught me so much about life. You, and your younger brother, are the reason why I strive to be a better person, day after day. Both of you are my everything, and so much more.

So thank you, Shayne. It was a great day for me too. No matter how many birthdays come and go, you will always be my baby boy and my little sweetheart.

Love, 
your mummy.

4 years old Shayne :)
4 years old!
Happy 6th birthday, Shayne! May you stay happy, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...