Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy 9 Months, Baby! {A letter to my son}

"What?! I'm 9 months old??!"
9 months9 months

 Dear Nathan

You have been on the "outside" as long as you have been on the "inside" and this feels like a huge milestone for us; both you and me. You were inside my womb for 9 months, and those 9 months (especially the last month!) seemed like forever. I would constantly wonder when you will make your entrance into our world; when will I be able to finally hold you. You were finally born a few days after 40 weeks, and we were all surprised by your presence. You weighed a hefty 4.05kg and I couldn't even let you wear some of the newborn clothes! From the day you were born, you wore clothes that were meant for babies a few months older than you. You are our chubby babyboy, and we'll sometimes tease you as our "little fatty fatty". :D

Watching you grow and develop during these past 9 months has been amazing. You were once a sleepy baby boy who could sleep for 12-16 hours a day, but that has changed. You're now such an active and curious boy, and you dislike taking naps  (just like your big brother). You'll officially fall asleep at about 9pm every night, wake up every 2-3 hours for your nightly feeds, and officially wake up at 7+am. After that, you'll only take 1 or 2 naps that last for 30 minutes, and will be so alert after a short nap! It's amazing how much energy you have, and your papa and I always wonder where you get your huge amount of energy from.

You're still our big baby; you're in the 90 percentile for head circumference, and 80 percentile for height and weight. I guess that explains why you're constantly hungry and love to eat whatever we give you. :D
 
You're still an easy-going baby, and is cheerful 99% of the time. You'll always flash us your wide toothless gummy smile when you're happy and it brightens up our entire day. You've also started to grab and play with things you shouldn't. Today, you wanted to chew on a toy that was on the table but before you brought it onto your mouth, you looked at me and stopped for a few seconds. We both looked at each other, and I could tell that you were waiting for me to stop you or at least say something. It was actually an amusing moment for me. Haha. Of course, I said "No Nathan, don't put that into your mouth. It's not clean." But you just looked at me for another second, smiled and..... put it into your mouth. Oh boy, you're a cheeky little one.

I can't imagine life without you; you have made our lives so much more complete. Although your Papa and I are busier now, our lives has become so much more satisfying and fulfilling. Thank you for coming into our lives, Nathan. We love you forever and ever, to infinity and beyond. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...