Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Happy Half Birthday, Natalie! {A letter to my 6 months old daughter}





Dear Natalie, 

You're 6 months old now!!! :) I still can't believe you're halfway to your first birthday... I packed away your teeny tiny 0-6months old baby clothes last night and for once, I actually felt a sense of sorrow that time has passed so fast. You are my third child, my youngest child and quite possibly, my last baby.

I still remember the night when I was admitted into the hospital, all ready to deliver you. My waterbag started leaking that night at home and your papa wasn't around! He was out buying food with your big brother, Shayne. I called your papa immediately and your brother was the one who was all excited and kept telling me on the phone repeatedly that they'll be back soon. So I waited patiently at home (the contractions were not that painful yet) and after a few minutes, I heard running footsteps and it was your big brother who first appeared at the front door. He said "Mama, we are back!!" and even wanted to follow us to the hospital. I told him that we would call him once you were born and he was so upset. He really wanted to follow us and even said that he will not be scared when I'm giving birth to you. Haha! Nonetheless, we told him to stay at home and that he will be able to meet his baby sister in a few hours time. He agreed reluctantly and off we went, in a taxi, to the hospital.

After 4 hours, you were finally born! Your papa and I held you lovingly in our arms and you looked at us lovingly back. My heart swelled with joy and although you're our 3rd baby, it still felt like I was holding my 1st baby. :) You are our first baby girl, and most likely, our last baby girl too. So every moment that we spent with you is very much cherished and treasured.

Truthfully, there were times when I cried because I couldn't handle it all- looking after the 3 of you and answering business enquiries. It was really really tough initially. Thankfully, your papa and grandma will always support me emotionally and help me out whenever they see that I'm breaking down. It really does take a village to raise a child, and in our case, 3 children. I'm just extremely grateful for all the help that we've received these past few months (actually, the past few years) from our family. Without them, your papa and I would have gone mad by now. On most Sundays, we will gather at your Ah Ma's place for dinner and your cousins, Kayleigh, is completely smitten by you. She likes to "sayang" you and even talks to you (once, she told you not to show your armpits to others and even said "right??" to me after that. that was really funny :D)

Although my mind is filled with so many more words that I would like to share with you, some so overwhelming that are indescribable, I just want you to know that you're very much loved. You're very much loved by me, your papa, brothers, cousins, grandmothers, aunts and many more. :)

I'm looking forward to the next six months of your life, my precious baby girl. I look forward to your first crawl, your first teeth, your first words, your first steps, and all the joy that the future holds for you. You and your brothers are my love, and my life. I feel so privileged and lucky to call myself your Mother.

Happy half birthday, my little one. May you continue to smile and stay happy, always. :)


Love,

Your Mummy





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing a wonderful news and awesome images. Seriously your family looking are speech less. Wish you a very half happy birthday sister of Shayne.
    Kid Coders Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...